17 August, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (TT8)



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  •  Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



Book: The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins



"So here's what you do. You win, you go home. She can't turn you down then, eh?" says Caesar, encouragingly.

"I don't think it's going to work out. Winning... won't help in my case," says Peeta.

"Why ever not?" says Caesar, mystified.

Peeta blushes beet red and stammers out. "Because... because... she came here with me." (page 130)

19 comments:

  1. Great teaser... I still have not read this one!

    My TT this week is from the classic Anna Karenina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser. I haven't read this one yet. I keep meaning to.

    Here’s My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this book! You chose a great scene, too. I think that's the first time I realized Peeta was smarter than he let on. My teaser this week is from another dystopian YA novel: Matched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good teaser...have been seeing this book a lot lately.

    Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like Peeta. Then again, I really like Gale too! Can't wait for Mockingjay!

    My teaser is The King of Attolia - a book I am very excited about reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got to the series. I probably never will! My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Booklover, Guatami, and Shelley: I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who hadn't read it yet.

    @LadyQ: I am really starting to get into the dystopian genre, and Matched is one that I'm going to be reading soon.

    @Kristen, Alayne, Marg: I had been thinking that all the hype for Mockingjay was way over done, but after finishing The Hunger Games... it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great series and a great teaser from the book as well!

    Our teaser is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed this book. It is one of the few dystopias that I can say that about. My teaser is from Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still haven't read this one....great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, The Hunger Games! Great book and teaser!

    My teaser is from Dragonhaven by Robin McKinley.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heehee!!I reallllly need to read this book!!!

    great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting teaser. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    A Book Obsession..

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a great book! I actually just bought it to prepare for Mockingjay next week - enjoy!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is the best book! Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVED this book. Such a great read. Awesome teaser as well!
    Here's mine, if your interested:
    http://bookmarkyourthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/08/teaser-tuesday8_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great teaser! You'll like Catching Fire and only 7 more days till Mockingjay.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails