20 October, 2010

H.P. Mallory Wants to Put YOU in a Book!

H.P. Mallory, author of urban fantasy books, TO KILL A WARLOCK and FIRE BURN AND CAULDRON BUBBLE, is having a contest on her blog during the month of October. (Is it really 2/3 over already?! Better enter now!) Here's all of the deets straight from H.P.'s blog:



So, who hasn't wished to be in a romantic novel? Well, here's your chance! I want to write you into my next book, Toil and Trouble which is due to release on Jan 1, 2011!

I'm about 2/3 finished with Toil and Trouble, the follow up book to Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble, the first book in the Jolie Wilkins series.

And, I got this crazy idea...what if I hold a contest on my blog whereby the winner becomes a character in my book? Pretty fun, right? So, I'm doing it!

Here are the contest parameters:

Enter to be written as a character in my book, Toil and Trouble. I'll create your character using your name, description and personality (I'll have to send over a questionnaire, etc. to find out all about you!)

I already know which character you'll be and without giving away too much, this character is:

* integral to the storyline
* mentioned in Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble
* will play a part in all future books in the Jolie Wilkins series

The winner will get:

* A written part in Toil and Trouble and future Jolie Wilkins books
* The ability to read Toil and Trouble before it's released to the public
* Added to the Acknowledgments page of Toil and Trouble
* Interviewed on my blog
* A signed (with dedication) paperback copy of Toil and Trouble
* A signed paperback copy of Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble and To Kill A Warlock

To enter, you can simply comment on this blog post. To get more entries, you can do the following:

* Leave a comment on this blog post (+ 1 point)
* Follow my blog (+ 1 point)
* Follow me on Twitter (+ 1 point)
* Tweet about the contest (+ 1 point)
* Friend me on Facebook (+ 1 point)
* Mention the contest on Facebook (+ 1 point)
* Mention the contest on your blog (+ 1 point)
* Join my brand new Yahoo Group (+ 1 point)

Do all of the above and you'll get even more chances to win with a total of 8 possible points. Just mention in your blog comment how many points you earned (and how you earned those points). A sample comment could look like this:

Hey, HP, enter me in your awesome contest! I have a total of 4 points for commenting on your blog, friending you on facebook, tweeting about your contest and joining your yahoo group!

This contest is open until October 30, 2010 with the winner announced on Halloween, October 31.

Contest Rules:

* Enter by October 30th, winner drawn Oct 31st
* Total your points in the comments field of this blog and tell me how you earned your points. I'd love to know what you think of my contest too!
* The winner will be drawn at random by random.org (the more points you have, the more entries you'll get)

Want the whole background story of your character? Read my book, Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble just $2.99 ebook! (Soon to be available in paperback)
Kindle
Nook
Other ebook

Good Luck!!!!!



*Look for my review of both books on Monday, and a guest post from H.P. during the week also. For those of you who have read the books, one of the dishy male characters might make an appearance!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails