Book: SWEET AS SIN
Author: INEZ KELLEY
Genre: CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE
Published: January 2011, CARINA PRESS
NetGalley for free, in exchange for an honest review
From Good Reads:
John Murphy is tormented by nightmares. A bestselling young-adult author, he writes the ultimate fantasy: stories where good always triumphs. He knows better. His past has shown him the worst in people—and in himself. When he moves next door to the sexy, vibrant Livvy—a woman completely unlike his usual one-night stands—he's driven to explore every curve of her delicious body.
Pastry chef Livvy knows that giving in to the temptation that is John Murphy won't lead to anything permanent, but she deserves a passionate summer fling. John discovers she's as sweet as the confections she bakes while Livvy slowly unravels his secrets. But what will happen when she uncovers them all?
I Liked -- Plot: Livvy is a passionate woman that takes life seriously, but still lives. John, though, has an ugly past, and it keeps him from forming any lasting relationships. Even the kind that Livvy is looking for: a fling with her attractive neighbor. In SWEET AS SIN, Inez Kelley does such a good job juxtaposing the lightness in Livvy with the darkness in John. Their love scenes were hot, but beyond that there was an extremely satisfying story being told. Instead of just flashing back, or stating the past that haunted John, Kelley peels back the layers of his pysche and inserts Livvy as the antidote to the shadows within.
I Liked -- Character: Wow, John was just one tormented and haunted character. And yet, I loved him. Despite the monsters in his head, and the monsters in his past, there were so many flashes of this great man. The type of man that any woman would be proud to have as a boyfriend, husband, or lover. The type of man that would be a perfect father. Sure, I wanted this couple, this relationship, to find its HEA, but mostly I wanted John to find his HEA. I wanted him to exorcise his ghosts, and find peace.
My Rating:13/15 (4.5 stars)
Links for the author and books:
* Carina Press
* All Romance e-books
Available formats: E-Book
Inez Kelley has also posted a recipe that is used in SWEET AS SIN. Livvy is a pastry chef, and she concocts several goodies that fairly jump off the page with their deliciousness. Find the recipe for Chocolate Orgasm Brownies at Leah Braemel's blog. Braemel is another Carina Press author. Her latest release, Texas Tangle, was a fantastic menage read.
RSS My Feed
- ► 2012 (146)
- Book Review: Lily of the Nile by Stephanie Dray
- Book Review: Death Cloud (Young Sherlock Holmes) b...
- Best Seller For A Day: Carolyn McCray's 30 Pieces ...
- Advance Review: Enclave (Razorland #1) by Ann Agui...
- Book Review: Beyond The Gate by Susan Gourley
- CONFIDENTIAL: Author Lindsay Buroker Under the Spo...
- Travelling Book Box Arrival!
- Book Review: Where I Belong by Gwendolyn Heasley
- Book Review: Encrypted by Lindsay Buroker
- JUST VISITING: Guest Post from Gwen Heasley (Where...
- CONFIDENTIAL: Interview with Mad Love's Suzanne Se...
- Book Review: (Blog Tour) Mad Love by Suzanne Selfo...
- Advance Review: Wilder's Mate by Moira Rogers
- Advance Review: Tempt Me by Shiloh Walker
- CONFIDENTIAL: Author Q&A with Mary Hooper
- Book Review: (Blog Tour) Fallen Grace by Mary Hoop...
- What is Bestseller For A Day?
- Book Review: Play Fling by Amber Scott (Bestseller...
- Love the Cover, Want the Book
- Book Review: No Rest For The Wicca by Toni LoTempi...
- Book Review: You Killed Wesley Payne by Sean Beaud...
- Book Review: Seers of Light by Jennifer DeLucy
- A Flash Of Fiction Day Two (February): Falke's Pea...
- A Flash of Fiction Day One (February): Sweet As Si...
- CONFIDENTIAL: Author Interview with Sean Beaudoin ...
- ▼ February (25)
04 February, 2011
Content Copyright By Lillie (AliseOnLife). Powered by Blogger.
- talking about books (176)
- blog tour (123)
- book review (106)
- book tour (100)
- YA (93)
- e-book (87)
- Read My Mind Giveaways (78)
- highly recommended (77)
- ARC review (59)
- fantasy (56)
- must read (49)
- contemporary (41)
- contest (39)
- contest winners (39)
- Guest Posts (37)
- paranormal romance (37)
- recommended (32)
- romance (28)
- paranormal (26)
- Read-a-thon (23)
- ARC tour (22)
- giveaway (22)
- urban fantasy (20)
- advance review (18)
- A Flash of Fiction (16)
- contemporary romance (16)
- erotic romance (16)
- suspense (16)
- Author Interview (15)
- steampunk (12)
- CONFIDENTIAL (10)
- RAK (10)
- mystery (9)
- novella (9)
- JUST VISITING (8)
- historical fiction (7)
- historical romance (7)
- Best Books of 2010 (6)
- Bestseller For A Day (6)
- science fiction (4)
- historical fantasy (3)