RAK (Random Acts of Kindness) is a really great program that Vanessa and Isalys of Book Soulmates have started. Basically, it gives bloggers, book lovers and readers the chance to brighten someone's day by sending them a book that they've put on their wishlist.
I declared October International RAK Month for myself. Basically I decided to choose some international names from the RAK sign-up and see if I could spread the love to other countries. Here's what I gifted:
To Bella (UK)
WHISPER by Phoebe Kitanidis
ENCHANTED IVY by Sarah Beth Durst
To Kate (UK)
TEMPEST RISING by Tracy Deebs
AFTER OBSESSION by Carrie Jones and Steve Wedel
GLOW by Amy Kathleen Ryan
To Cheree (Australia)
SHUT OUT by Kody Keplinger
SHIVER by Maggie Stiefvater
THE ELEVENTH PLAGUE by Jeff Hirsch
Nothing for October
I'm going to RAK for another month, so here's my wishlist for November. I'm happy to accept new or gently-read ARCs and finished copies of books. I also love e-books, but they have to be in epub or pdf format, thanks.
1. Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake
2. Another Kind of Dead by Kelly Meding
3. The Renfield Syndrome by J.A. Saare
4. Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
5. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Sweet Venom by Tara Lynn Childs
Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
Angel Fire by L.A. Weatherly
Flying Blind by Deborah Cooke
Everblue by Brenda Pandos
Crusade by Nancy Holder
The Shattering by Karen Healey
Entangled by Cat Clarke
This World We Live In by Susan Beth Pfeffer
Hourglass by Myra McEntire
Liar's Moon by Elizabeth C. Bunce
Luminous by Dawn Metcalf
Sexiest Vampire Alive by Kerrelyn Sparks
Black Night by Christina Henry
Holly's Inbox: Scandal in the City by Holly Denham
Stolen by Kelley Armstrong
The Greyfriar by Clay Griffith
Want to join the RAK-ers this month? Here's how you do it.
*NEW INFO ADDED*
Sign up each month that you'd like to participate.
* Show off your participation by grabbing our RAK button :)
* Create a wish list (on Amazon, Goodreads, or your blog etc) and post it in the Google Doc located in each R.A.K post for the month.
* If you choose to do a R.A.K for someone, check out their wish list and contact that blogger for their address.
* *NEW* Please, once you receive a RAK, send us an our new email to [rakbybooksoulmates @ gmail . com] dedicated to RAK so that the Google Doc can be updated. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU SEND EMAILS TO THIS ADDRESS.
* *NEW* E-book participation is limited to files being gifted directly to a person from the e-book store. Amazon's Kindle Store is set up to allow this, as well as the Kobo store and we believe Barnes & Noble as well.
* At the end of the month, SHOW US YOUR R.A.K! Make a post saying 'Thank You' to whoever granted one of your wishes and share it with us :)
OPEN TO EVERYONE!
Let's keep our International bloggers in mind and in our hearts.
Remember, there's always the Book Depository and they offer FREE shipping!
RSS My Feed
- ► 2012 (146)
- Halloween Review: Fury by Elizabeth Miles
- Halloween Review: Dark Sins and Desert Sands by St...
- RAK: For/From October and November Wishlist
- Happy Halloween!
- Entangled Publishing Blog Tour: Touch by Jus Accar...
- Halloween Booktacular! Great Halloween Reads
- Bestseller For A Day! Sponsored by Indie Book Coll...
- Halloween Booktacular! Blog Celebration Post #1
- Book Review: Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel
- The Bookish Snob Promotions: WHIRL E-Book Giveaway...
- The Bookish Snob Promotions: WHIRL Tour Book Excer...
- Book Review: Fateful by Claudia Gray
- Book News with a Nook Color Prize!
- Press Release: The Hunters Declan & Tori by Shiloh...
- ▼ October (14)
31 October, 2011
Posted by Lillie (AliseOnLife) at 10/31/2011 03:52:00 PM
I'm reading: RAK: For/From October and November WishlistTweet this! Labels: RAK, talking about books
Content Copyright By Lillie (AliseOnLife). Powered by Blogger.
- talking about books (193)
- blog tour (134)
- book tour (110)
- book review (107)
- YA (102)
- e-book (87)
- highly recommended (79)
- Read My Mind Giveaways (78)
- ARC review (61)
- fantasy (56)
- must read (50)
- contemporary (47)
- contest (44)
- Guest Posts (40)
- contest winners (39)
- paranormal romance (37)
- recommended (32)
- romance (31)
- paranormal (30)
- Read-a-thon (23)
- ARC tour (22)
- giveaway (22)
- urban fantasy (20)
- contemporary romance (19)
- advance review (18)
- suspense (18)
- A Flash of Fiction (16)
- erotic romance (16)
- Author Interview (15)
- steampunk (13)
- CONFIDENTIAL (10)
- RAK (10)
- mystery (9)
- novella (9)
- JUST VISITING (8)
- historical fiction (7)
- historical romance (7)
- Best Books of 2010 (6)
- Bestseller For A Day (6)
- science fiction (4)
- historical fantasy (3)