RSS My Feed
- COVER REVEAL: Redheads Are Soulless by Heather M. ...
- Dewey's #Readathon: Hour 24 and Finish Line
- Dewey's #Readathon: Hours 21-23 (Mini-Challenge 1)...
- Dewey's #Readathon: Hours 17-20
- Dewey's #Readathon: Hours 10-14 (Mini-Challenge 1)...
- Dewey's #ReadAThon: Hours 5-8 (Mini-Challenge 2)
- Dewey's #Readathon: Hours 1-3 (Mini-Challenge 1)
- Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon
- ARC Review: The Selection by Kiera Cass
- ARC Review: Masque Of The Red Death by Bethany Gri...
- Austism Awareness Hop 2012 Winner
- Spotlight: The Vampire Shrink by Lynda Hilburn (Gu...
- Book Review: Somebody To Love by Kristan Higgins
- SupaGurl Tours: Nancy Straight Guest Post & MEETIN...
- Autism Awareness Blog Hop 2012
- Laura Kaye's WEST OF WANT Preview & Prizes Event
- COVER REVEAL: Greta And The Goblin King by Chloe J...
- Stalking The Others by @Jess_Haines Giveaway on Go...
- Wrap Up: #Bloggiesta Finish Line
- #Bloggiesta Mini-Challenge #1: Back Up Your Blog
- ▼ April (20)
- ► 2011 (195)
01 April, 2012
I like to tinker around in my HTML. I do this pretty frequently, so I know the value of having a back-up of my template. Do I go back and save it regularly? Uhh. I pretty much only save whenever I've made changes. So, The Book Vixen's Bloggiesta mini-challenge was the perfect chance for me to get up to date.
I have a WordPress account that I've never used, except to comment on blogs that require a log-in. Now, I have a private back-up with all of my Blogger posts imported ready, just in case. I've downloaded my template and comments to my hard drive, as well as the Amazon cloud (another account I never use). All of my photos are saved in Picasa in the order that they were downloaded to my blog.
And last, but not least, I've pre-set notifications in my calendar to remind me to back-up all components of my blog once a week.
This is something that I should have done long ago, and now I feel better prepared should I encounter any trouble.
Posted by Lillie (AliseOnLife) at 4/01/2012 12:18:00 PM
Content Copyright By Lillie (AliseOnLife). Powered by Blogger.
- talking about books (193)
- blog tour (134)
- book tour (110)
- book review (107)
- YA (102)
- e-book (87)
- highly recommended (79)
- Read My Mind Giveaways (78)
- ARC review (61)
- fantasy (56)
- must read (50)
- contemporary (47)
- contest (44)
- Guest Posts (40)
- contest winners (39)
- paranormal romance (37)
- recommended (32)
- romance (31)
- paranormal (30)
- Read-a-thon (23)
- ARC tour (22)
- giveaway (22)
- urban fantasy (20)
- contemporary romance (19)
- advance review (18)
- suspense (18)
- A Flash of Fiction (16)
- erotic romance (16)
- Author Interview (15)
- steampunk (13)
- CONFIDENTIAL (10)
- RAK (10)
- mystery (9)
- novella (9)
- JUST VISITING (8)
- historical fiction (7)
- historical romance (7)
- Best Books of 2010 (6)
- Bestseller For A Day (6)
- science fiction (4)
- historical fantasy (3)