13 March, 2010

The Beginning

As the title suggests, this is the first post in my new blog. I could start by telling you a few things about myself, but all of my quirks and foibles will, no doubt, be uncovered in future blog posts. What I will say is this: I am a reader, a writer, and most importantly, NOT AFRAID TO SHARE MY OPINION.

In the future, I will be posting excerpts from my own writing. But, I want to start out by posting reviews of books that I read. I am not a literary snob, so I read from a wide variety of genres. I want to share the joy that I find in reading. It doesn't matter what it is, just as long as it has words.

Though, I will be reviewing actual books. Ones that I check out from the library or purchase at the bookstore. Yes, I do actually still shop at bookstores. All the time, in fact. I like to see books and touch them, and run my fingers over the covers... I sound like a bit of a perv, now. I promise I am not. I just love books. I will leave that as the last word.

Until next read,
AliseOnLife

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere! Will send some followers your way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog world. Suzette sent me over. Looking forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the welcome! I'm happy to be here, and will be trying to post several times each week, for your reading pleasure.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails