01 November, 2010

Eight Days of Halloween- Day Seven: Post-Halloween Come Down

It's November 1st, which means that the Halloween costume goes back in the closet. The leftover trick-or-treat candy has to be given away or tossed, for your own good, so you don't eat it yourself. ALONE. IN YOUR BEDROOM. HIDDEN IN YOUR BEDSIDE DRAWER.

Oh wait. Is that just me?


Anyway, I love the whole concept of Halloween. I love thinking up the perfect costume, and becoming someone else for the night. I love trying out new ideas. No, I will not wear a costume from the "sexy" section of the store, but I do like to come up with a unique costume. Only, it's the post-Halloween come-down now, so what am I to do?

Here's my suggestion: Keep that notion going of trying something new. Your costume was something that you wouldn't wear of an average day, right? Even if the components came from your personal clothing collection, you might not have worn each of the elements together before.

Before this year, before this blog, I might never have tried an audiobook. I do have a pretty good collection of e-books, but would I have ever considered an e-reader before this spring? So, while I am not going to try to convince anyone that they need to switch from print books, I hope this post will at least encourage those die-hard print (notice I did not say "real", because that is extrememly insulting, IMO.) book readers to continue the Halloween spirit.

Try out something new, like you do with your costumes each year. You don't have to convert (I still LOVE print editions), but maybe you'll find that other book formats have value for you.

Here are some books that might just see you through the post-Halloween come down.


Print Editions


Lips Touch: Three TimesOnce a Witch (Witch, #1)Hold Me Closer, NecromancerHungry for Your Love



Lips Touch: Three Times by Laini Taylor
Once A Witch by Carolyn MacCullough
Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride
Hungry for Your Love (A zombie anthology) including J.A. Saare




E-Books


HollowlandOrdealBlood Lust (Preternaturals, #1)




Hollowland by Amanda Hocking
Ordeal by T.K. Varenko
Blood Lust by Zoe Winters




Audiobook Editions


The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1)The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2)The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3)



The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong
The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

2 comments:

  1. Mary D

    I cannot BELIEVE you would resort to stashing candy in your bedside drawer and eating it. Alone. That's AWFUL! hehe

    Personally, I think candy should be stashed in the PJ drawer, as kids never think to look THERE lol

    And never eat all that yummy chocolate alone. Make sure you have the company of a good book ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Of course, a good book is definitely required. Takes my mind off of how much chocolate I am actually consuming.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails