17 February, 2011

Advance Review: Tempt Me by Shiloh Walker

Book: TEMPT ME
Author: SHILOH WALKER
Genre: CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE/EROTIC ROMANCE
Published: February 2011


Series: none
Source: Author, no other compensation given for honest review

From Good Reads:
She’s a temptation he can’t resist…

Roxanne ‘Rocki’ Monroe’s life is full of secrets and hidden heartaches. Cole Stanton would love to heal her pain and chase away the ghosts of her past, but she’s just a complication he doesn’t have room for in his life.

Or so he thinks.

It doesn’t take Cole long to realize he’s more than willing to let temptation get the best of him, more than happy to deal with complications if that’s what it takes to get her.

What he has and what he needs are two different things…and what he needs is Rocki.


My Review:
I absolutely loved Shiloh Walker's character, Rocki. She is an independent business owner, a confident and sexy woman, she knows her own mind, and she knows what she wants. She is the kind of heroine that I always want to see in the novels that I read, be they contemporary, paranormal, or historical. And, here's the thing: she is an average woman. She has curves where a woman should, and Walker does a fantastic job of showcasing Rocki's lushness, while not making the fact that another woman considers her "fat" into a plot device where Rocki feels insecure when it comes to naked sexytimes with Cole. Rocki even slaps down the woman who insults her, with an acute sense of her own power, and a minimum of trash-talk. Seriously, I think I have a girl crush.

Cole and Rocki are both complex characters, no less than what I would expect from a Shiloh Walker book, but every time I read something from her, I am amazed at the depth that goes into her writing. I've read some of her print novels, as well as some of her e-book novels, and she is one of the few authors that I find the same emotional intensity is involved in novella and full-length novel. The instant attraction that Cole feels for Rocki (even though he is engaged at the time, to another woman) feels right. Sure, it reads as lust, but I like how Cole is not one to indulge in that lust before he is a free man, and even then, he's not looking for just a mindless sexual encounter.

I think I could go on for a while about why I enjoyed reading TEMPT ME, but I will cut myself short, in the interest of my readers. I'll say that I connected immediately with this book. TEMPT ME is the second independent project that Shiloh Walker has done. Her first, BEG ME, tackled an issue that many others might consider taboo, and she did a really good job with it. When I had the opportunity to request an advance copy of TEMPT ME, I jumped on it. It's a sensual read, that's not without serious undertones. So, if you are the type wanting to dip into a contemporary romance, with erotic scenes, this is the book for you. And those who are already Shiloh Walker fans, will find TEMPT ME a great read.

4/5 for plot
5/5 for characters
4/5 for language

My Rating: 13/15 (4 stars)

Highly Recommend, if you liked:

Wrapped Around Your Finger by Fallon Blake
Simple Need by Lissa Matthews


Links for the author and books:
* Website
* Twitter
* GoodReads
* Facebook

Purchase at:
* Smashwords
* Amazon


Available formats: E-Book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails