Book: TEMPT ME
Author: SHILOH WALKER
Genre: CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE/EROTIC ROMANCE
Published: February 2011
Source: Author, no other compensation given for honest review
She’s a temptation he can’t resist…
Roxanne ‘Rocki’ Monroe’s life is full of secrets and hidden heartaches. Cole Stanton would love to heal her pain and chase away the ghosts of her past, but she’s just a complication he doesn’t have room for in his life.
Or so he thinks.
It doesn’t take Cole long to realize he’s more than willing to let temptation get the best of him, more than happy to deal with complications if that’s what it takes to get her.
What he has and what he needs are two different things…and what he needs is Rocki.
I absolutely loved Shiloh Walker's character, Rocki. She is an independent business owner, a confident and sexy woman, she knows her own mind, and she knows what she wants. She is the kind of heroine that I always want to see in the novels that I read, be they contemporary, paranormal, or historical. And, here's the thing: she is an average woman. She has curves where a woman should, and Walker does a fantastic job of showcasing Rocki's lushness, while not making the fact that another woman considers her "fat" into a plot device where Rocki feels insecure when it comes to naked sexytimes with Cole. Rocki even slaps down the woman who insults her, with an acute sense of her own power, and a minimum of trash-talk. Seriously, I think I have a girl crush.
Cole and Rocki are both complex characters, no less than what I would expect from a Shiloh Walker book, but every time I read something from her, I am amazed at the depth that goes into her writing. I've read some of her print novels, as well as some of her e-book novels, and she is one of the few authors that I find the same emotional intensity is involved in novella and full-length novel. The instant attraction that Cole feels for Rocki (even though he is engaged at the time, to another woman) feels right. Sure, it reads as lust, but I like how Cole is not one to indulge in that lust before he is a free man, and even then, he's not looking for just a mindless sexual encounter.
I think I could go on for a while about why I enjoyed reading TEMPT ME, but I will cut myself short, in the interest of my readers. I'll say that I connected immediately with this book. TEMPT ME is the second independent project that Shiloh Walker has done. Her first, BEG ME, tackled an issue that many others might consider taboo, and she did a really good job with it. When I had the opportunity to request an advance copy of TEMPT ME, I jumped on it. It's a sensual read, that's not without serious undertones. So, if you are the type wanting to dip into a contemporary romance, with erotic scenes, this is the book for you. And those who are already Shiloh Walker fans, will find TEMPT ME a great read.
4/5 for plot
5/5 for characters
4/5 for language
My Rating: 13/15 (4 stars)
Highly Recommend, if you liked:
Wrapped Around Your Finger by Fallon Blake
Simple Need by Lissa Matthews
Links for the author and books:
Available formats: E-Book
RSS My Feed
- ► 2012 (146)
- Book Review: Lily of the Nile by Stephanie Dray
- Book Review: Death Cloud (Young Sherlock Holmes) b...
- Best Seller For A Day: Carolyn McCray's 30 Pieces ...
- Advance Review: Enclave (Razorland #1) by Ann Agui...
- Book Review: Beyond The Gate by Susan Gourley
- CONFIDENTIAL: Author Lindsay Buroker Under the Spo...
- Travelling Book Box Arrival!
- Book Review: Where I Belong by Gwendolyn Heasley
- Book Review: Encrypted by Lindsay Buroker
- JUST VISITING: Guest Post from Gwen Heasley (Where...
- CONFIDENTIAL: Interview with Mad Love's Suzanne Se...
- Book Review: (Blog Tour) Mad Love by Suzanne Selfo...
- Advance Review: Wilder's Mate by Moira Rogers
- Advance Review: Tempt Me by Shiloh Walker
- CONFIDENTIAL: Author Q&A with Mary Hooper
- Book Review: (Blog Tour) Fallen Grace by Mary Hoop...
- What is Bestseller For A Day?
- Book Review: Play Fling by Amber Scott (Bestseller...
- Love the Cover, Want the Book
- Book Review: No Rest For The Wicca by Toni LoTempi...
- Book Review: You Killed Wesley Payne by Sean Beaud...
- Book Review: Seers of Light by Jennifer DeLucy
- A Flash Of Fiction Day Two (February): Falke's Pea...
- A Flash of Fiction Day One (February): Sweet As Si...
- CONFIDENTIAL: Author Interview with Sean Beaudoin ...
- ▼ February (25)
17 February, 2011
Content Copyright By Lillie (AliseOnLife). Powered by Blogger.
- talking about books (193)
- blog tour (134)
- book tour (110)
- book review (107)
- YA (102)
- e-book (87)
- highly recommended (79)
- Read My Mind Giveaways (78)
- ARC review (61)
- fantasy (56)
- must read (50)
- contemporary (47)
- contest (44)
- Guest Posts (40)
- contest winners (39)
- paranormal romance (37)
- recommended (32)
- romance (31)
- paranormal (30)
- Read-a-thon (23)
- ARC tour (22)
- giveaway (22)
- urban fantasy (20)
- contemporary romance (19)
- advance review (18)
- suspense (18)
- A Flash of Fiction (16)
- erotic romance (16)
- Author Interview (15)
- steampunk (13)
- CONFIDENTIAL (10)
- RAK (10)
- mystery (9)
- novella (9)
- JUST VISITING (8)
- historical fiction (7)
- historical romance (7)
- Best Books of 2010 (6)
- Bestseller For A Day (6)
- science fiction (4)
- historical fantasy (3)