Book: WILDER'S MATE
Author: MOIRA ROGERS
Genre: PARANORMAL ROMANCE/STEAMPUNK/EROTIC ROMANCE
Published: March 2011, SAMHAIN PUBLISHING
Series: Bloodhounds #1 (planned series)
Source: Author, no other compensation given for an honest review
Wilder Harding is a bloodhound, created by the Guild to hunt down and kill vampires on America’s frontier. His enhanced abilities come with a high price: on the full moon, he becomes capable of savagery beyond telling, while the new moon brings a sexual hunger that borders on madness.
Rescuing a weapons inventor from undead kidnappers is just another assignment, though one with an added complication—keeping his hands off the man’s pretty young apprentice, who insists on tagging along...
As the search stretches far longer than Wilder planned, he finds himself fighting against time. If Satira is still at his side when the new moon comes, nothing will stop him from claiming her. Worse, she seems all too willing. If their passion unlocks the beast inside, no one will be safe. Not even the man they’re fighting to save.
So, here's the thing. When I open a Moira Rogers book, I totally expect to see flames every single time, because this author knows how to write books that are on FIRE. I found that WILDER'S MATE was no exception to the Rogers' powerhouse book collection. Rogers knows how to write good paranormal shapeshifter romance. The RED ROCK PASS series focuses on wolves, while the SOUTHERN ARCANA series has cat shifters, wolves and magic, oh my! But, WILDER'S MATE is the first book in a new series, BLOODHOUNDS, and I can't wait for more.
In WILDER'S MATE, the titular character is a dangerous hunter. As a bloodhound, he has better than human instincts. And when the moon is high, he has a hotter than fire sexual appetite that must be appeased. Somehow, Wilder struck me as less civilized than any of the authors' previous characters. He's dark, on a mission, and it seems like his human face is the mask, while the animal-the bloodhound-is his true form.
As with all of the characters that Rogers brings to life, both Wilder and Satira are both complex characters with fleshed-out back stories that are slowly revealed throughout the book. While their attraction to each other overwhelms many of the pages, and spills into HOT HOT HOT encounters, make no mistake, there is a fabulous story being told otherwise. And, there's steampunk! It's like Rogers can bring together many different themes, and create the perfect storm of romance, action, and adventure every single time they write a story.
5/5 for plot
4.5/5 for characters
4.5/5 for language
My Rating: 14/15 (4.5 stars)
Must Read, if you liked:
Never Have I Ever by Alisha Rai
On the Edge by Ilona Andrews
Blood Lust by Zoe Winters
Links for the author and books:
* Twitter (Bree)
* Twitter (Donna)
* Barnes and Noble
* Samhain Publishing
Available formats: E-Book
RSS My Feed
- ► 2012 (146)
- Book Review: Lily of the Nile by Stephanie Dray
- Book Review: Death Cloud (Young Sherlock Holmes) b...
- Best Seller For A Day: Carolyn McCray's 30 Pieces ...
- Advance Review: Enclave (Razorland #1) by Ann Agui...
- Book Review: Beyond The Gate by Susan Gourley
- CONFIDENTIAL: Author Lindsay Buroker Under the Spo...
- Travelling Book Box Arrival!
- Book Review: Where I Belong by Gwendolyn Heasley
- Book Review: Encrypted by Lindsay Buroker
- JUST VISITING: Guest Post from Gwen Heasley (Where...
- CONFIDENTIAL: Interview with Mad Love's Suzanne Se...
- Book Review: (Blog Tour) Mad Love by Suzanne Selfo...
- Advance Review: Wilder's Mate by Moira Rogers
- Advance Review: Tempt Me by Shiloh Walker
- CONFIDENTIAL: Author Q&A with Mary Hooper
- Book Review: (Blog Tour) Fallen Grace by Mary Hoop...
- What is Bestseller For A Day?
- Book Review: Play Fling by Amber Scott (Bestseller...
- Love the Cover, Want the Book
- Book Review: No Rest For The Wicca by Toni LoTempi...
- Book Review: You Killed Wesley Payne by Sean Beaud...
- Book Review: Seers of Light by Jennifer DeLucy
- A Flash Of Fiction Day Two (February): Falke's Pea...
- A Flash of Fiction Day One (February): Sweet As Si...
- CONFIDENTIAL: Author Interview with Sean Beaudoin ...
- ▼ February (25)
17 February, 2011
Content Copyright By Lillie (AliseOnLife). Powered by Blogger.
- talking about books (193)
- blog tour (134)
- book tour (110)
- book review (107)
- YA (102)
- e-book (87)
- highly recommended (79)
- Read My Mind Giveaways (78)
- ARC review (61)
- fantasy (56)
- must read (50)
- contemporary (47)
- contest (44)
- Guest Posts (40)
- contest winners (39)
- paranormal romance (37)
- recommended (32)
- romance (31)
- paranormal (30)
- Read-a-thon (23)
- ARC tour (22)
- giveaway (22)
- urban fantasy (20)
- contemporary romance (19)
- advance review (18)
- suspense (18)
- A Flash of Fiction (16)
- erotic romance (16)
- Author Interview (15)
- steampunk (13)
- CONFIDENTIAL (10)
- RAK (10)
- mystery (9)
- novella (9)
- JUST VISITING (8)
- historical fiction (7)
- historical romance (7)
- Best Books of 2010 (6)
- Bestseller For A Day (6)
- science fiction (4)
- historical fantasy (3)