RSS My Feed
- The Bess Crawford Read-A-Long
- Valentine's Books With Love Blog Hop Winners
- COVER REVEAL: Inbetween by Tara Fuller
- Bewitching Book Tour Giveaway Winner: Pride's Run ...
- Bewitching Book Tour Giveaway Winner: The Master b...
- COVER REVEAL: Gravity by Melissa West
- ARC Review: Redwood Bend by Robyn Carr
- Valentine's Day Books With Love Blog Hop
- Under $5 Nook Book Deals (Vol. 3)
- Bewitching Book Tour Promo: The Mask by Anya Winte...
- Bewitching Book Tour Review: The Mask by Anya Wint...
- Bookish Snob Promotions: A Vampire's Deadly Deligh...
- Bewitching Book Tours: L.J. DeLeon Guest Post + Gi...
- Bewitching Book Tours Review: Warrior's Rise by L....
- RAK: February Wishlist
- ▼ February (15)
- ► 2011 (195)
25 February, 2012
The Bess Crawford Read-A-Long is hosted by Book Club Girl, and all of the details can be found there, but here is the discussion schedule:
March 26th: A Duty to the Dead discussion
April 30th: An Impartial Witness discussion
May 1st: A Bitter Truth (paperback goes on sale)
May 29th: A Bitter Truth discussion (May 28th is Memorial Day)
June 5th: An Unmarked Grave (The new hardcover goes on sale)
June 25th: An Unmarked Grave discussion
June 28th: Book Club Girl On Air Show with Charles Todd (to discuss entire series)
Look for updates along the way here, on Twitter (#besscrawford), and on the Book Club Girl and Charles Todd Facebook pages.
First In The Series (From GoodReads)
The daughter of a distinguished soldier' Bess Crawford follows in his footsteps and signs up to go overseas as a nurse during the Great War' helping to deal with the many wounded. There' serving on a hospital ship' she makes a promise to a dying young lieutenant to take a message to his brother' Jonathan Graham: "Tell Jonathan that I lied. I did it for Mother′s sake. But it has to be set right." Later' when her ship is sunk by a mine and she′s sidelined by a broken arm' Bess returns home to England' determined to fulfill her promise.
It′s not so easy' however. She travels to the village in Kent where the Grahams live and passes on to Jonathan his brother′s plea. Oddly' neither Jonathan' his mother' nor his younger brother admit to knowing what the message means. Then Bess learns that there′s another brother' incarcerated in a lunatic asylum since the age of 14 when he was accused of brutally murdering a housemaid.
Bess rightly guesses that the dying soldier′s last words had something to do with the fourth brother. Because the family seems unwilling to do anything' she decides that she will investigate. It′s her own duty to the dead.
Posted by Lillie (AliseOnLife) at 2/25/2012 05:12:00 PM
Content Copyright By Lillie (AliseOnLife). Powered by Blogger.
- talking about books (193)
- blog tour (134)
- book tour (110)
- book review (107)
- YA (102)
- e-book (87)
- highly recommended (79)
- Read My Mind Giveaways (78)
- ARC review (61)
- fantasy (56)
- must read (50)
- contemporary (47)
- contest (44)
- Guest Posts (40)
- contest winners (39)
- paranormal romance (37)
- recommended (32)
- romance (31)
- paranormal (30)
- Read-a-thon (23)
- ARC tour (22)
- giveaway (22)
- urban fantasy (20)
- contemporary romance (19)
- advance review (18)
- suspense (18)
- A Flash of Fiction (16)
- erotic romance (16)
- Author Interview (15)
- steampunk (13)
- CONFIDENTIAL (10)
- RAK (10)
- mystery (9)
- novella (9)
- JUST VISITING (8)
- historical fiction (7)
- historical romance (7)
- Best Books of 2010 (6)
- Bestseller For A Day (6)
- science fiction (4)
- historical fantasy (3)