22 April, 2012

Dewey's #Readathon: Hour 24 and Finish Line


YAY!
I lasted the 24 hours! Looking at the actual time I spent reading, it was 12.75 hours. Now, I didn't read non-stop; when I thought about it, I did take time out to do mini-challenges and visit a few blogs, and I took time out to write my update posts. Even with a pre-made template, I still had to put in some time for that. Food and refreshment breaks, a lit meeting and two venue changes to keep me from going stir-crazy inside, also account for about 6 or so hours of the day. With all that in consideration, and a little more than 4 books under my belt in 24 hours, I'm very happy with what I accomplished!

***

The very last (April 2012) read-a-thon mini-challenge is the End Of Event


Which hour was most daunting for you?
Hour 21. That was when I realized how long I had been up and was getting so sleepy, but I also realized that I had invested so much, and it would be really nice if I could make it to hour 24.

Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I think everyone has their own tastes. I love high fantasy novels, but I put aside LIAR'S MOON by Elizabeth C. Bunce because I wanted to be engaged in the book and I was too tired by the time I got to it.

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I liked how it worked this year, although this is my first time participating, so I don't have a frame of reference for how each event is improved over the previous.

What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I liked the mini-challenges, and I liked being able to come to the read-a-thon site every hour for encouragement.

How many books did you read?
4 completely, and I started 2.

What were the names of the books you read?
Misfit by Jon Skovron
Past Perfect by Leila Sales
Ultraviolet by R.J. Anderson
Carrier Of The Mark by Leigh Fallon

Which book did you enjoy most?
Past Perfect by Leila Sales

Which did you enjoy least?
Carrier Of The Mark by Leigh Fallon

How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Definitely. I'll want to participate as a reader again.

***


Here are some of my other read-a-thon stats:


Total Pages Read: 1476

Total Time Spent Reading: 765 minutes

Blogs Visited/Discovered: Fictionally Inclined | Noumena12 Books | Midnight Book Girl | The Fake Steph Dot Com | Reflections Of A Bookaholic | Kathryn's Book Nook | The Hungry Readers

Total Mini Challenges Completed: 6

Time Spent On Mini-Challenges And Visiting: 150 minutes

Time Spent On Updates: 90 minutes

Partial Books Read: When She Woke by Hillary Jordan (34 pages)
An Impartial Witness by Charles Todd (130 pages)

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had fun!! And you did great!! :) ;) See you in October ;) <3

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails