18 September, 2011

Read Your Own Books-A-Thon Update




Thursday
Hours Read: 0/3
Pages Read: 0


Thursday 9pm (start) - 12am
Unfortunately, Thursday was a really harrowing day personally, so I got no reading done for the beginning of the read-a-thon.


Friday
Hours Read: 9/19.5
Pages Read: 892

Friday 12:30am - 3am

Total Hours Actually Spent Reading: 2.5
Total Pages Read: 352

Started and finished TEMPEST by Julie Cross. Great book to start out the read-a-thon with because it was very engaging, and I had no problem reading through it quickly. I took a break at 3am because I did have to get up for work, and I didn't want to be too exhausted.


Friday 11am - 3pm

Total Hours Actually Spent Reading: 4
Total Pages Read: 248

Started and finished FORBIDDEN: THE ASCENSION by Samantha Sommersby. Again, a great book for this event. One, because it really caught my attention. Two, the page count wasn't overwhelming, so I figured that I could finish it quickly.


Friday 3:45pm - 5:15pm, 6pm -7:30 pm

Total Hours Actually Spent Reading: 2.5
Total Pages Read: 292

Started and finished AFTER DARK WITH A SCOUNDREL by Alexandra Hawkins. Work interrupted my reading a couple of times, but I was able to squeeze in some quality reading time. One of the reasons that I have been devouring so many historical romances of late, is because I can read an enjoyable one in just a few hours, and I had really been anxious to check this one out, after seeing it in the library.


Saturday
Hours Read: 8.5/31
Pages Read: 645

Saturday 9:30am - 4:30pm

Total Hours Actually Spent Reading: 6
Total Pages Read: 452

Started and finished SEVEN YEARS TO SIN by Sylvia Day. Another historical romance that I greatly enjoyed. At this point, I knew that it was better to aim for starting and finishing a book in one sitting, and then taking a large break after, rather than taking little breaks in between. I really felt that I would be able to devote larger chunks of time to the read-a-thon, but my weekend was turning out to be pretty full in the evenings, so I had to make the most of my morning /afternoon time. Also started LOVE STORY by Jennifer Echols, once I finished SEVEN YEARS TO SIN.


Saturday 11:00pm - 2:30am

Total Hours Actually Spent Reading: 2.5
Total Pages Read: 193

Finished LOVE STORY by Jennifer Echols and started EXCLUSIVELY YOURS by Shannon Stacey. Will resume later in the morning and finish EXCLUSIVELY YOURS. Maybe one or two more books in addition, before the 9pm end date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails