20 April, 2012

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon

Saturday April 21st at 8am EDT starts the Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon, and I'm taking part! Bloggers from all over the world participate twice a year in this wonderful event, but this is my first time. I'm not afraid to admit that 24 hours seems pretty daunting. Not reading for the better part of 24 hours, but having no leeway to get into the swing of things. When it starts, I gotta be ready, because 24 hours leaves no room to mess around.

With that in mind, I will warn Read My Mind readers that I'll be making updates on the blog throughout the event. I've got an update template pre-made, so that I don't get distracted on the computer. Of course, I don't want to overload my followers or clog up people's readers with my updates, so I won't do them hourly.

Now, since it's my first 24 hour read-a-thon, I thought I'd play it a tad safe. I did make a library visit. One of the branches in my township was just overflowing with some of the YA books I've been dying to read, and I have a couple books that looked totally intriguing in the pile also. Here's the stack of books that I intend to tackle:



I'm starting with MISFIT by Jon Skovron, which missed being in the picture, and my camera is acting up now, so I couldn't do a re-shoot.


It's not too late to sign up yourself at the Dewey's Reader Sign-Up Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails