07 April, 2010

Absent, But Not Gone: Part Two

Last week, I did manage to accomplish more than just overhauling my blog. Granted, Blogger In Draft is very addictive; just as Twitter has become my obsession, and haunting other people's blogs has taken up much of the time I might have otherwise devoted to putting words on the page.

I am still writing, though. I have put aside my WIP (sheesh, I almost put a hashmark in front of that!) for the moment to participate in Script Frenzy. This is my first year doing this. I participated in NaNoWriMo back in November, which was the spur I needed to start my current WIP. We'll see how I like script writing. It's going good so far, but conveying a story almost entirely in dialog is sorta hard. Understatement! Understatement!

And then, there is the reading. I've been pounding my way through a backlog of books that I have wanted to read, and more keep appearing as soon as I think I might have caught up. (Due in large part to BooksFree, a Netflix-type service for books.) You can check out my Good Reads profile to see what I've got on my bookshelf. I love seeing what other people are reading, so if you are a member, don't hesitate to make me a friend.

Keep an eye out for my reviews. I've decided that I will post two parts for each one. The first part, I will post here on my blog. It will be an overall review with a rating out of 15 (1-5 for plot/story and its development, 1-5 for characters and their development, 1-5 for language/structure/dialog). The second part, I will post on my Good Reads profile with a link, which will be the part of the review that could contain spoilers.

I am going to start off with Come Hell or High Water by Michele Bardsley (paranormal romance), The Devil's Playground by Jenna Black (urban fantasy/suspense), and Hex Hall (YA paranormal).

So come back for more!

Until next read,
AliseOnLife

1 comment:

  1. I have got to check out this BooksFree! Netflix for BOOKS?!?!?! Count me in! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails