25 May, 2010

Another New Feature: A Flash of Fiction

Summer is (almost) officially here. Vacation, sun (though, I prefer the temp to stay below 75) and fun! This also means that my desire to be outside will rise exponentially. In anticipation of less time being spent typing up reviews, I decided to introduce my new feature, A Flash of Fiction.

The reviews that I will post under A Flash of Fiction will be fairly spoiler-free, and much shorter than the ones that I post regularly. They will almost be the opposite of my other feature, EXAMINED. EXAMINED takes an in-depth look at a particular book that I might not have considered reading otherwise.

A Flash of Fiction will focus on one particular part of the plot, and one particular character that I liked. All of the novels that I feature in A Flash of Fiction will be rated Recommended or higher. (See my rating system here.)

I am going to kick off A Flash of Fiction this week, while I am out of town. This is the line-up:
Day One (May 26): Mistwood by Leah Cypess
Day Two (May 28): The Clearing by Heather Davis
Day Three (May 29): The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Until next read,
AliseOnLife

2 comments:

  1. First if al--new follower! *waves*

    Not sure how I've missed your blog before now, but I've found you! (cue ominous music)

    I love connecting with other readers and writers, so I hope you don't mind my cyberstalking. And I have to say, these flash fiction reviews sound great. Sometimes it's nice to get a quick peek at a book.

    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shannon: *waves back* Welcome, and I'm happy you like the concept.

    I admit to my fair share of cyberstalking writers, readers, and authors, too! Please come back, and check out future posts.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails